Rowers, ellipticals, and treadmills—these types of gym equipment are quite in demand nowadays. Most people now prefer to work out in the comfort of their own homes instead of spending thousands of dollars on gym memberships (and hundreds more for the snacks and drinks they buy on the way to the gym!).
If you’re reading this, then you’re most likely among those looking for a treadmill.
Treadmills are among the most popular types of home equipment for burning extra calories, losing weight, and staying fit. With the use of treadmills, you can run or walk in the comfort of your own home any time you want to, regardless of the weather.
Other factors to consider when buying a treadmill:
- Budget. You don’t have to spend your life savings on a treadmill. With the wide variety of treadmills on the market, you can readily get one with the best quality that fits your price range or budget. The average price for high-quality treadmills is around $1000. There are cheaper models below $1000, but they may not be suitable for hardcore running.
- Size. Treadmills are usually compact in size. However, you should keep in mind that even folding treadmills take up space. As such, it is important that you measure the space you have before purchasing your equipment.
- Motor power. Most fitness gurus suggest buying treadmills that have a motor of at least 1.5HP. However, if your weight is over 120kg or if you’re looking to run on your treadmill on a regular basis, then it is better to choose one with a motor capacity of at least 2.0HP to 3.0HP.
- Belt size. For average-sized people, belts should be 48 inches long and 18 inches wide. Those who are taller than the average person should look for a 54-inch belt for comfortable running.
- Speed. If you intend to use your treadmill to train for running, you should get one that can run at a speed of 10 mph or higher.
- Incline/Decline. A treadmill that can be inclined forward or backward provides a more intense training session and a better simulation of outdoor running conditions.
- Cushioning. Walking and running can strain your muscles and joints on the legs and feet. As such, it’s important to get a running bed that can absorb shock.
Now armed with an idea of what to look for in treadmills, let’s check out the MaxKare Folding Treadmill.
MaxKare Folding Treadmill
The multi-layer running belt of the MaxKare is what makes it a good buy for those looking for a budget-friendly home treadmill. It has three layers that ensure its durability: a wear-resistant surface, a high-strength reinforcement layer, and a high-strength support layer.
It also has a noise reduction layer that ensures quiet operation. Lastly, it has an EVA shock absorption layer that helps cushion the impact to minimize strain and injuries. The machine’s anti-shock system can withstand up to 220 pounds.
The MaxKare is ergonomically built for people whose height ranges from 4.6 to 6.2 feet and who weigh less than 220 pounds. The 17” wide running belt provides ample space for those with an average build. It is designed with three levels of manual adjustable incline that enhance exercise routines and burn more calories.
The design of the armrest also integrates the controls and a heart-rate monitor, allowing you to adjust the speed and settings easily. The treadmill comes with 15 preset workout programs to choose from.
Aside from that, you can manually adjust the settings to your preferred speed, duration, and intensity. Real-time data during your routine can be seen on the LCD display. You can also monitor your heart rate, speed, time, calories, and distance covered.
The MaxKare is powered by a 2.5HP copper motor that offers a speed range between 0.5 and 8.5mph. While this may be fine for beginners or those who just need light walking and running exercises, the top speed of 8.5mph won’t cut it for those who prefer a more rigorous exercise.
In terms of size, the MaxKare Folding Treadmill is compact enough to fit small apartments. Its simple folding design with one-touch operation and automated soft drop landing system makes it easy to use any time. It also has transportation wheels so you can easily move it around.
Most of these features are pretty basic for all other treadmills, but with its price, these features already give you value for your money.
Most people who have purchased the MaxKare folding treadmill are generally satisfied with its performance. The machine can be assembled and installed easily even by those without much mechanical knowledge.
All accessories and tools are provided in the package, and you just need to follow the instructions provided for assembly. The treadmill folds and stores easily and is true to its promise of super-quiet operation.
However, the MaxKare may be too small even for average-sized people. It works great for short people, but taller ones may experience jams or could fall off the machine. While the running belt is fairly wide, it is quite short for those with big strides.
Still, the MaxKare folding treadmill is a decent machine to get if you are on a tight budget.
The MaxKare folding treadmill is reliable enough for those who prefer low-intensity walking and running exercises. It may be a good choice for beginners and the elderly who prefer brisk walking. However, if you’re looking for a more intense cardio workout, an elliptical trainer might be a better option.